Friday, August 26, 2011

19 hours until RACE time!!!

Tomorrow is my first duathlon, I cant believe it is already here. The weather looks perfect, its suppose to be around 74 at start of the race and 80 by the end!! This makes me happy considering that the high is suppose to be 101 for the day! My plan of attack is to make it as fun as I possible can, try to not  let my competitiveness interfere, so I don't defeat myself. I went to bed at 1:00am this morning and intentionally let myself sleep until 11 this morning. Sleep is not going to be easy tonight so I figured if I could get good sleep, I better take it when I can get it. My goal is to complete the course in 1hr 45  minutes. I can do 2 miles in 25 min without pushing myself, however I want to allot myself 30 min per 2 miles so I don't get disappointed. My bike is a different story, I think I am stronger on my bike and  I would like to complete the 13 miles in 45 minutes. I am not giving myself any slack I plan to push push push!!! As of this morning there are 102 competitors registered online, however I only have one competitor in my age group. Through the help of my parents and loving husband, I was able to get everything I needed. Thank you all very much, and thanks in advance to my parents for getting up early on Saturday to come watch me. Also good luck to the BIG WINNERS, keep your heads up and win that championship that we gave up last season, you can do it!!!! Stay tuned for pics and results tomorrow, YAY!!

Yesterdays verse in my quiet time was this:
The Lord is the One who will go before you, He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Duet: 31:8
I personally love this verse and find so much encouragement from it.I always find myself repeating these words in hard times "I will never leave you or forsake you". I know from start to finish, if its a good day or bad day, he will be there with me and encouraging me.  As I began my race tomorrow many families will be loosing there homes to hurricane Irene, this breaks my heart! I am thankful that the Lord answered my prayer and the Hurrican turned, however I am continueing to pray that he will be with each affected family.

1 comment:

  1. I was soo proud seeing your pictures, can't wait to hear all your stories!

    ReplyDelete